K Dictionaries & Lexicala Seminar: Lexicographic Resources for Dictionaries and NLP
Date: 17 July 2018, 10:00–12:30 (including coffee break)
Location: Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, Aškerčeva cesta 2, Ljubljana, Slovenia
K DICTIONARIES creates lexicographic resources for 50 languages and develops working tools for their processing and dissemination.
These resources have been used to compile monolingual, bilingual, multilingual and learner’s dictionaries, published in print and digital media by various partners worldwide.
In recent years, our resources have been redesigned into cross-lingual multi-layer lexical data, to serve also in NLP, linked data and other language technology applications and research.
The service name for our new operations is LEXICALA, and the data is now available in JSON and JSON-LD formats (in addition to XML) through a RESTful API.
The seminar will present an overview of these activities and related methodologies, featuring:
- data macrostructure and entry microstructure (mapping the language DNA)
- manual compilation, automatic generation and post-editing
- translation and cross-lingualization
- editorial and data processing tools
- adapting to new formats and methodologies
- accessing multi-layer lexical data through an API
- working with lexicographers around the world
- collaboration with industrial, academic and professional partners
- student training and internship programs
The K DICTIONARIES team will include Yifat Ben-Moshe, Ilan Kernerman and Dorielle Lonke. In addition, there will be guest presentations by Arleta Adamska-Sałaciak (AMU, Poznań), Philippe Climent (IDM, France), Margit Langemets (Estonian Language Institute, EKI) and John McCrae (Insight NUI, Galway),