Submission of abstracts and papers
When submitting your paper or abstract, you can choose between the following types:
- Full paper – 6–10 pages, including figures and references.
- Poster/Software demonstration – 4–6 pages, including figures and references.
- Abstract – a maximum of 800 words, excluding references, tables and figures.
Full papers and papers presenting posters and software will be published in the Conference Proceedings if accepted by reviewers. Abstracts will be published in the Book of abstracts. If a paper is rejected by reviewers, the accepted abstract will be included in the Book of abstracts and authors will be able to present it at the Congress.
Use the following stylesheets:
It is recommended to write directly into the style sheet and to replace the model text (always use the correct style as indicated in the style sheet). Do not insert any blank lines between the different sections of the paper (line spaces are predefined in the style sheet).
Each non-abstract paper must include an abstract of 150 to 200 words (written in the same language as the main text of the paper). Do not repeat the abstract in the main text of the paper, e.g. as part of the introduction.
Each author must also sign a release document for publication and submit it along with the camera-ready version of their paper(s) in the Easychair system. It is the author’s responsibility to obtain any permissions required for the use of material owned by others.
Each paper should be submitted both as doc/docx/odt file and as an unprotected PDF file.
Instructions for uploading multiple files in Easychair:
Please upload one file and then select “Update file” to upload the file in another format. Repeat the procedure with the release document. You will only see the last uploaded document, however the PC can see and access the archive of all uploaded documents.
All submissions will be anonymously reviewed by a minimum of two members of the Scientific Committee.
The deadline for submissions (submitted via the Easychair conference system) for the Euralex 2018 Congress is 1st April 2018.
More detailed information about the timeline for the submission of contributions can be found on the Important Dates page.
The Conference Proceedings will be published online and freely accessible ahead of the conference. The Proceedings have already been accepted for inclusion in Scopus and will be submitted for indexing in CPCI (part of the Web of Science).
Papers, posters and software demonstrations were invited on all topics of lexicography, including, but not limited to, the following fields:
- The Dictionary-Making Process
- Research on Dictionary Use
- Lexicography and Language Technologies
- Lexicography and Corpus Linguistics
- Bi- and Multilingual Lexicography
- Lexicography for Specialised Languages, Terminology and Terminography
- Lexicography of Lesser Used languages
- Phraseology and Collocation
- Historical Lexicography and Etymology
- Lexicological Issues of Lexicographical Relevance
- Reports on Lexicographical and Lexicological Projects